It finally feels like Fall in Los Angeles today and since it’s almost Halloween…I’m keeping the pumpkin recipes coming!
Not only are pumpkins delicious…they have great HEALTH benefits!
Here are a few benefits of pumpkins…
- Vitamin A which help keeps those pretty eyes healthy
- Rich in fiber which helps with weight loss
- Increase beta-carotene which may play a role in cancer prevention
- Help keep your skin smooth
- Refuel your potassium levels after a tough workout
- Boost your immune system
This pumpkin smoothie is delicious and makes a great snack or post workout drink. Try this under 200-calorie recipe!
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
1/2 cup of bananas
1-2 scoops of protein powder (natural or vanilla flavor)…# of scoops depends on your brands serving size
1/4 tsp. of cinnamon
1/8 tsp. of nutmeg
1/4 vanilla extract
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (use one with no extra ingredients or sugars added…I like the one from Trader Joe’s)
1/2 cup of Almond Milk (unsweetened)
handful of ice cubes
*Blend ingredients together. If the consistency is too thick, you can add a little more almond milk and blend until smooth.