Trying to kick the multiple Starbucks, soda, or energy drinks throughout the day habit? Not only can it get pricey, but also the sugars that you’re consuming will take a toll on that body and cause burnout. There are many ways to get your energy up, and here are some alternative ways you can boost your energy without the sugary drinks…give some a try!
- 5 meals a day (3 meals and 2 snacks)….don’t skip breakfast!
- Almond or peanut butter.
- Protein in every meal (almonds, chicken, turkey, fish etc).
- Complex carbs like sweet potatoes, lentils, veggies and brown rice (instead of white pasta, white bread, or white rice).
- Fiber…oats and nuts
- Chia seeds
- Plenty of water (half your body weight in ounces).
- Fresh OJ, vegetable juice
- Green Tea.
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Zinc: Poultry, fish, eggs, whole grains
- Iodine: Salt-water fish
- Copper: Seafood, nuts, seeds
- Chromium: Egg yolks, whole grains
- Phosphorus: poultry, fish, eggs, whole grains, nuts, seeds
- Vitamin B12, B 3, or B- complex
- Green Tea Extract
- Vitamin C
- Omega 3
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Get moving! Exercise daily. Take stretch breaks. Go for a quick walk.
- Power nap if needed.
- Get plenty of rest a day…7-8 hours.
- Try to surround yourself with people with good energy!
- Blast some great music!
- Wake up at the same time every day.
- Get some sun.
- Reduce daily stress. Laugh…it raises your blood pressure in a good way!
- Balance your life. Have YOU time!
- Junk food, fast food, and refined sugar.
- Crash diets…dropping your calories dramatically can zap your energy.
- Carrying around extra body weight…less weight for you to carry around will give you more energy.
- Excessive alcohol
- Energy drinks