Ice cream is one of our FAVORITE sweets! Nothing beats the cold and creamy treat, especially in the summer. Since eating a pint of Ben and Jerry’s isn’t always the best option, we came up with a completely guilt free recipe that we know you’ll love!
The base for the ice cream is three simple ingredients; full fat coconut milk (you can use light coconut milk as well to decrease the calories, it just won’t be as creamy!), pitted dates, and vanilla extract! Once the base is made, you can get creative with whatever flavors or add-ins you are craving! We have made strawberry, blackberry, chocolate chip, and peaches and cream! Enjoy!
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk
- 2 TBSP of vanilla extract
- 6 dates, pitted (can sub for 1/2 cup of honey)
- Put all of the ingredients into a vitamix or blender and blend thoroughly, until the mixture is smooth and the dates are tiny specks.
- Add in fresh fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, etc. and pulse a few times to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and let it spin for 20-30 minutes!
- Store in the freezer
Here is a look at some of our favorite ice cream recipes in the making!