Eating healthy on the job can be challenging if your place of employment has a constant flow of unhealthy food. Whether it’s donuts, bagels & cream cheese, chips, cookies, cupcakes, pizza, soda, fast food, takeout orders, or Starbucks runs, it can be tempting and hard to avoid. BUT if you’re trying to eat clean and make lifestyle changes, passing on those foods is a must! All your hard work of clean eating and training hard will take a major hit and you’ll be moving backwards…so NOT worth it! It’s all about creating good habits.
Here are some ideas to help you avoid unhealthy workplace food:
- Pack your own healthy lunch and snacks everyday…not only will this save you $, but it will help you avoid eating fast food and ordering from local spots.
- If you don’t have a lunch or if there’s a special occasion (i.e. birthday, holiday, etc.) at work, try to stick to your clean eating and pick a lunch spot that has healthy options.
- Avoid commonplace areas that are loaded with junk food…if you don’t see it, you won’t eat it!
- Keep a large water bottle with you and avoid drinking soda and high-sugar coffee drinks…make it your goal to finish it by the end of the day.
- Get your co-workers on board with clean eating! Suggest different snack and lunch options people can try or bring some new choices in.
- Create a daily eating schedule so you know what you’re eating and at what time, this will help you avoid eating additional workplace snacks.
- Just say no thank you! Be strong and remember your goals!